Tuesday, July 15, 2014

AT LAST

I couldn't be more giddy to announce that Dave signed a contract this morning for a tenure-track position in Long Island! I feel like we just won the lottery – two tenure track jobs, near New York City, close to both our families. It was quite stressful and up-and-down with negotiations down to the wire, so it's a relief that Dave has made a final decision and signed on the dotted line.

In an uncharacteristic anticipatory act, Dave and I explored the campus during his last visit here:



I'm sure that Dave will find different challenges and difficulties in his new position, but I'm also optimistic that the move will provide him new opportunities to grow. The next few years, as we both develop our tenure files, will involve a lot of work. But at least we'll be together!

I've said many times that I've felt like our marriage hasn't fully begun yet, that we've been treading water and looking to the future. And now the future is here! And things will (hopefully) come together quickly – I want to start looking at nearby apartments soon, and Dave has already started packing up his stuff in Michigan. And once we get settled into a place together (late August, early September?), you'll all have to come visit us! (I promise we'll be not-too-far from the city!)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Very happy to hear this piece of news. Congrats, Dave! Our prayers have been answered. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this visit was a prophetic act! :D love seeing the photo of you TOGETHER! hooray! you guys did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for your prayers and support! I'm always emotionally preparing for worse-case scenarios, but now I'm finally allowing myself to feel excited about the new job and life together with Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh - I am SO behind! So much has changed since you posted this, but I want to log a "yay!!!" anyway for this momentous news! Congrats Dave! So glad for all the wonderful ways this has developed for you all.

    ReplyDelete