I've been avoiding going to my parents' house during this period in New York. Somehow, it felt like an admission of weakness. Shouldn't I be investing in getting to know Brooklyn better, having fun with friends, settling into the new place? Shouldn't I be doing something cool, something that would make being in New York worth it? Foolish me.
I had a calm and restful weekend in PA. I'm developing a cold, so I slept a lot, strolled through Costco, watched a silly movie, and enjoyed my mom's cooking. She proudly showed off her newest high-end kitchen gadget, the Vitamix:
And on Saturday morning, I joined my dad for a run/walk that benefited the patient services for his medical practice. It began and ended at my high school. Fortunately, I didn't have to endure flashbacks of that traumatic time, since the building I knew has been razed and replaced with a much nicer structure. It was a beautiful day for a walk and a long talk about my work challenges.
After another minor bus snafu, I'm back in New York, gearing up for one last week before Dave arrives in his blue Mazda to whisk me away – to Michigan, married life, and my research. Counting down the days!
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
one more week! :))
ReplyDeleteAdorable Lu's!! omg you and your dad are too cute... and your MOM! I love her!! haha. So glad you made the decision to spend time with the rents. You're almost there!
ReplyDeleteyes, my parents are pretty cute! =)
DeleteYou and your dad look so happies! I think it's a sign of strength that one can as an adult still spend time with parents and enjoy it! I hope my kid/s will be able to do that when I reach the sweet spot of empty-nesting many years from now...please let it come soon. ;)
ReplyDeletehaha, you sound like Andrew! he's always talking about how he can't wait for the kids to grow up and leave...
Deleteoh i love this post!!
ReplyDeleteVitamix!! I've heard so many people tell me it's so great and totally worth the $$. Will have to ask for updates on how that's working out. I hear you on the time at home... sometimes it's wonderful to know there's somewhere you can just go and be assured you can let your guard down, curl up on a familiar couch, or go on a relaxing walk. Sounds like a great time :)
ReplyDeleteWHAT? You did the walk/run with Dad? How did I totally miss that news?
ReplyDeletebtw, the last three comments that I've failed to post were all saying, in one form or another, "How did I totally miss that news?" gee whiz, hahaha
ReplyDelete