Thursday, October 2, 2014

details of the commuting life

Because I no longer go to the city every weekday, I've started using 10-trip passes on the Long Island Railroad, instead of the monthly passes. What this means is that I need to get my ticket punched each time I ride. It's a bit of a hassle, since I always need to pull the right ticket out of my wallet, make sure I keep straight which direction I'm heading in, etc. But what I love is seeing how each conductor has a differently-shaped puncher:


Aren't they cool? It's a bit of a Rorschach test – is that a Christmas tree, or a bell? A fish? A heart on legs? What do you see?

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I see acorns on the top left, and some Goldfish crackers on the far right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see pingpong paddles, heels and a heart with two ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hands making peace signs, mushrooms, and harry potter's scar

    ReplyDelete