But now I'd like to get back into updating this blog! I briefly considered abandoning it entirely: I've got a long and intimidating list of things to write in this upcoming semester, and the fewer distractions, the better! But I do love looking back on the record of the things I do write up, and the challenge of finding visual material to enliven that record helps me think and grow in new ways. Besides, we all need to take a break from work every once in a while!
So here's a quick catch-up on some highlights from the summer, starting with May:
The dress rehearsal for my choir's spring performance (all Beethoven) at Carnegie Hall! I've decided not to rejoin this choir in the fall (too much to do), but I'm glad I had the chance to participate last year.
U2 concert at Madison Square Garden – the band is on the near part of the stage, and the spotlights are about to come on.
Our tenth college reunion!
Paint Nite with Katie and Julie in Manhattan
Dave and I recently discovered Cedarmere, the summer home of William Cullen Bryant (of Bryant Park fame). It's a little estate on Roslyn Harbor, perfect for a picnic!
And now it's on to fall. But first – Dave and I get to go on vacation! We're headed to Costa Rica for a week. More pictures when we return!
I've missed this blog!! Have a great trip!! :-)
ReplyDeleteditto, great to have you blogging again! just catching up now...
ReplyDelete