Sunday, October 25, 2015

Ontario Weekend #2

This weekend, I went to visit my grandparents in Ottawa. It had been years since I'd visited them in their home, and since my parents were planning to visit, I thought I'd tag along. I took the Greyhound from NYC to Scranton, where my parents picked me up en route. I hadn't road tripped with my parents in a while:

Mom: "We really look like F.O.B.'s now!" 
K: "Don't say those kinds of things, Mom!"
Mom: "It's true!"

My grandparents no longer drive themselves, so their favorite thing to do during visits is to go out to eat. We really went to town on all-you-can-eat Mongolian hotpot:


Grandma and my cousin David. Grandma would be the last one eating!

My grandparents are in their late 80s, so it's a special treat to spend some relaxed time together. My grandfather won't remember, but I know he's happy when we're there.


See the family resemblance??

The visit was pretty relaxing: we mainly ate ourselves silly, napped, and did a little shopping. My cousin David, whose family I visited in Waterloo last weekend, is living with Grandparents while he's working a short-term job in Ottawa, and it was nice to catch up with him, too! 'Til next time, Canada...

No comments:

Post a Comment