Monday, August 8, 2016

Growing Things



Our baby is growing and changing every day. What a joy it is to see this little person doing her thing! It's hard to capture the way she looks, since her expressions are always changing, and also, she has no neck. Can't wait for her to start smiling!




While Maddie has been growing inside, I'm supposed to be growing things outside. My mom brought us a planter with herbs and some cherry tomatoes, to supply us with summer foods. Alas, as you probably know, I have a black thumb and have never succeeded with plants. So far (and it's August), the tomato plant has yielded a LONE TOMATO. Here it is:


In this case, the harvest is pitiful, and the workers are...cute (forgive me).



Even worse, as you can see from the picture above, I let it overripen on the vine! Nevertheless, a sweet mouthful to be enjoyed. There are still many green tomatoes on the plant; let's hope they ripen soon, and that I remember to gather them!

No comments:

Post a Comment