This is not M.'s real smile: this camera caught her mid-burp! But hey, mouth open, face looking friendly, practically a smile. And all of three of us are looking at the camera! Send that one out to family and friends, folks.
We had a fantastic Christmas holiday! First, we headed to a Doubletree hotel in Lancaster County for a very special event. We surprised my Dad there (he thought he was heading to an afternoon concert) for his 65th birthday, and we spent two days playing in the hotel's indoor kiddie-water-playland. M. really loves the water – I guess I should sign her up for some swim lessons in the summer.
It's not easy to see, but the kids are wearing matching "I <3 Grandpa" shirts, and my dad has his own Grandpa shirt too. We're becoming one of those families that goes on cruises together...oh wait!
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day in the Land 'o Plenty. After a festive Seven Fishes dinner, my mom crowned the evening with a Buche de Noel. I've never seen M. so interested in a flame before. Please note the kids' Christmas pajamas, which I really loved:
Jingle Bells
Christmas morning!
M. particularly interested in my mom's new purse
On the day after Christmas, we headed to my in-laws' in NJ for Dave's family gathering. This year we had representatives from Vermont, Long Island, and NJ! Kids were very cute, and we had a very successful gift exchange. M. got a big haul of toys from her very generous aunts and uncles and cousins. Always special to be together...

What a festive and happy post! Love seeing the happy celebrations that you had. I only wish we were there! Happy New Year, Katie, David and M!! ps: love your official Christmas photo...I thought M. really "posed" so well. :)
ReplyDelete