Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fourth Annual Fitness Day

It's that time of year again: time for Annual Fitness Day! I wrote about our Fitness Day last year. This year's festival of athletics took place on a cool and overcast day – it was more pleasant for exercising, but precluded the time-honored "sun was in my eyes" excuse. Nevertheless, I proclaim this year's Fitness Day a success:
  • Tennis: we maintained a rally of 60 strokes, shattering our previous record of 23!
  • Basketball: After I was trounced in a game of Horse, we devised a new handicap for me. Whenever Dave makes a shot, I have to stand in the same spot and just get the basketball to make contact with the rim. Less dignified, but hey, I finally won!
  • Catch: we successfully tossed and caught a baseball 31 times in a row, shattering our previous record of...3.
There was also baseball and Frisbee. You know what else made this event a success? The First Annual Fitness Day ended with my catching a baseball with my face, bursting into tears, and asking to go home now. If we can end Annual Fitness Day without tears, fights, or injuries, we go home with our heads held high.

But now we're starting to feel more ambitious: should we add new sports? Volleyball? Soccer? Or <gasp> make this a semi-annual occurrence?? Please, let's not get ahead of ourselves...





4 comments:

  1. newlywed hijinks!! this year's records are going to be hard to top...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you need to do summer sports and winter sports ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie's friend gave us the Wii as a wedding gift - I think we're set for the winter! :)

      Delete