Sure, pictures of me and Dave are nice. But it would be hard to argue that they're nicer than pictures of my little niece and nephew!
So here are some recent pics of me with the littl'uns:
M. is growing bigger by the day! Plump cheeks are coming; I can't wait for multiple chins.
And this munchkin continues to delight and entertain every day:
How quickly they grow! One thing that Katie H. said to me, when we were debating about whether it would be a good choice to live in Long Island, was that this period could be "a memory to cherish for the rest of your lives, 'when aunt K. lived with us'!" Despite the difficulty of the commute, I'm always glad to come home to this smile, for sure! I know I'll cherish our good times together; I just hope A. doesn't forget about me when I move out!
Okay, I can't resist putting up another picture of me and Dave – enjoying the child-free years! Haha. We went to see Bryan Cranston on Broadway in "All the Way," a play about the first 11 months of LBJ's presidency. It was simultaneously very interesting (wheeling and dealing! historic Civil Rights Act!) and kind of boring (lots of people shouting into the phone at each other!). But I was happy because I bought our tickets with a Groupon for cheap seats in the very highest row, but then a lot of better seats didn't sell, and the ushers allowed all of the Groupon-ers to move up en masse. Yay for sort-of-cheap city fun!
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
awwww the kids are adorable!!! M is growing sooo fast haha!
ReplyDeleteThe story about your groupon is cracking me up so much... So you ;)
Haha I agree, the groupon story is so you ;) i love reading about your full full life!
ReplyDeletejohn has read the full biography of LBJ (the 5 volume set - soon to be six... if the author doesn't kick the bucket first); and i've been told i really need to send him to NYC to see this! also, lbj sounded like a complete jerk! at least he DID do the whole civil rights act thing...
ReplyDeleteWould you say being an auntie is almost as good as being a grandparent? All fun and no responsibility AND much less frequent babysitting, including diaper changing, duties (almost none!). :-D
ReplyDeleteI like the last picture of you and Dave. I had to do a double take because I expected the other person's facial expression to be on the other person! (Sorry for the confusing language - I couldn't think of anything better.)