Sunday, September 7, 2014

La la la

A sign that life might be returning to normal: I auditioned for and was accepted into a chorus today! Life was too chaotic last year to put another weekly commitment on my plate, but now I'm looking forward to getting back into it. Even when I'm tired and cranky (and annoyed at my fellow choristers), it's still a pleasure to participate in music and use a different part of my brain.

The group is called the Cecilia Chorus of New York. It's a large group (120-odd members), and we have two performances this season, both in Carnegie Hall: a Christmas-y concert in December of Poulenc and Vaughan Williams and a May performance of Beethoven. Time to dig out the ol' black folder and hideous choir uniform, hurray!

3 comments:

  1. ooo congrats! back to Carnegie hall for Klu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!

    and i hope i can make it to one of the concerts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Both for getting in and for continuing to enjoy and develop all these great aspects of your life.

    ReplyDelete