Saturday, September 27, 2014

Time to say goodbye...

...to Michigan! Dave brought nearly all of our furniture to NY last weekend in a moving truck, and I drove him back to Ann Arbor, where we've been this past week. He still has another 3 weeks of work left here, and I'm heading back to the east coast tomorrow. But while I was here, we had a chance to visit old haunts and relive favorite traditions.

Perhaps you'll recall previous posts about our Annual Fitness Day. We usually try our attempts at athletic glory in the summer, but with being apart and being exhausted from work, we didn't manage it. We did get to the park for an hour this week, though, for some tennis, baseball, catch, frisbee, and football. Here I am, demonstrating my best Little League pose:


We returned to the restaurant, Cafe Zola, where we first met (over brunch with mutual friends in Spring 2007) and went on our first date (in March 2009) and ate on the day of our engagement (May 2012). The food is tasty, but kind of overpriced. Ugh, brunch.



And my favorite Michigan tradition of all: getting in the car and taking a day trip to random places in the state and surrounding areas. This week's destination: Grand Rapids! We went to the Meijer Sculpture Garden, which was very well done. We enjoyed exploring the gardens, admiring/mocking the sculptures, and soaking up the last bits of Michigan summer.

This GIANT bronze horse is the realization of an idea originally proposed by Leonardo da Vinci.

 Yeah, neuron!

"The Director"



It's not our final Michigan adventure, I'm sure, but it was the last that will begin and end in our Ann Arbor condo. There's a part of me that's sad to leave, but I'm also so eager for our lives together to begin in New York. I only have to be patient for another three weeks, but it's hard to keep it together. One final push...

3 comments:

  1. We will miss fall in Michigan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely memories! These make me miss AA too -- even if I haven't been to most of these places :P Looking forward to hearing about the great adventures you'll have in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! i love everything about this post!! <3 you two are so adorable! three.... more... weeks.... you can do it!

    ReplyDelete