First time to Citi Field
Dave became a Mets fan during their championship year, back in 1986. He always expects me to remember how exciting it was, but since I was 3 years old, I really can't be blamed for not noticing. This year, the Mets are actually good and generating lots of buzz, so it was time for me to see them live for the first time and for Dave to return after at least 20 years.
Field of Dreams-dashed-by-hometeam's-frequent-mediocrity-but-hopefully-not-this-year
It was a gorgeous night – cool enough to remind us that it's fall, but still pleasant to spend hours outdoors. We had little company in the nosebleed seats, which was good, because I like to yell a lot. Doo-do-do-doo, do-DOOOO: CHARGE!!!
The stadium includes the Mets Hall of Fame, where you can admire the World Series trophies from 1960-something and 1986. There's also this guy:
Unfortunately, the Mets lost to the Atlanta Braves, a terrible team. But they clinched their division this weekend and are headed to the playoffs. I'll always count myself a lukewarm Phillies fan, but maybe I have a new team that I can get behind!
such a cool, hip couple! lookin good guys! <3
ReplyDelete