Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!

I'm spending New Year's with my family in PA. My grandparents are down from Ottawa, and we are enjoying a relaxing time together. Today, we made dumplings from scratch! And my mom even made the dough for it – no pre-made wrappers for us. We had four generations of Lu women working on this project:


















My mom showing me the ropes: dumpling wrappers must be thicker in the center (to prevent holes from forming) and thinner on the edges (to facilitate the crimping). A and I rolled the dough, while my mom and grandma filled them.

Looking forward to the delicious results! (Look at A concentrating on her dough :) )

2015 has been a good year: Dave and I have finally settled into our lives on LI together, and while lots of uncertainties in the future remain, I'm glad we have some things figured out. I'm looking forward to 2016 and all the changes it will bring!

3 comments:

  1. The youngest and the oldest generations are the most focused, haha. Very sweet and yummy-looking! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just needed you and your mom to complete the picture! =) Happy new year to you too, Stephanie!

      Delete