Of course, there was football:
The newest addition to the family, little Rebecca (my cousin Christina's newborn):
On the day after Thanksgiving, we went on our annual expedition to hunt down a Christmas tree. This year, we went to a nearby farm. Usually, it's cold, maybe wet and muddy, and at least a little unpleasant. But this year, it was gloriously warm and sunny. We didn't even need our coats! A. was particularly interested in the "fuzzy" plants she discovered growing around the trees:
For some reason, an old-fashioned train rolled by on the nearby tracks. It seemed to be carrying tourists, but I don't know where they got on, or where they could have been going. It's a West Chester mystery!
After minor debate, we picked a suitable Douglas fir tree, and A helped Stephen and Dave to saw it down.
M slept through most of the action, but here he is, checking out the Charlie Brown-sized trees:
Dave and I still have to go and pick out our own tree...maybe from the parking lot at Lowe's or Home Depot. Not quite as romantic as a tree farm, but it'll still look great, all dressed up. Now that I'm getting my energy back, I'm getting excited for the holidays!






No comments:
Post a Comment