M. and my cousin Stephanie
Happy with Uncle Peter!
We drove up to Ottawa, family roadtrip style: Dave, Maddie, and I joined Grace, A., and M. in their minivan, and the six of us braved the journey together (Stephen traveled separately because of his work schedule). The kids were really quite good, with only one period of total meltdown on each leg of the trip!
(N.B.: my dad restraining M. by the collar so he doesn't plunge face-first into the cake! Haha)
Our actual time in Ottawa was very brief, but it felt so special to see Maddie with my grandparents! I have so many memories of their house, too, so it was precious to bring our little baby there. We went out for dim sum lunch and Chinese seafood dinner in Chinatown, and posed for family pictures to commemorate the moment.
My Ye-ye is pretty out of it these days. I'm not sure whether he recognizes me or knows that I'm his oldest son's daughter, and I'm quite certain he doesn't know whom Maddie belongs to. But when he sees Maddie, he instinctively reaches out to her and bends in close to make eye contact, smiling and chuckling and singing her little songs.
It was so moving to see those two together! Praying for more opportunities and more years to spend together!







Nice recap of our weekend together! I will cherish the time that M. fell asleep in my arms. :)
ReplyDeleteshe felt so comfy with you! good job! =)
Deletesuch sweet photos.. Yeye looking into Maddie's eyes! Four generations under one roof! PS- K, you look gorgeous!
ReplyDelete