Friday, December 23, 2016

Tree, 2016 edition

In recent years, I've enjoyed posting a picture of our Christmas tree and talking about any new ornaments acquired on our adventures that year. Well, we forgot to buy a Christmas ornament on our adventures – though maybe we weren't inspired enough in our travels. I think we only went to San Francisco and Boston, not places one tends to think must be commemorated with an ornament. At any rate, here's the tree:


A. said she liked our tree, but that it wasn't as good as hers, "because it doesn't have as many presents under it." True!

While we didn't acquire any ornaments on our travels, we did acquire a new baby! So we can celebrate "Baby's First Christmas," a milestone whose significance I don't quite understand. Every holiday this year is her first! She has no conception of "holiday," nor can she appreciate any of the traditions associated with Christmas! Oh well. Here are her ornaments:


And we made handprint/footprint ornaments from a gift we received at the baby shower. I don't even want to describe how many attempts it took us to get proper impressions, and even these seem kind of shallow.


At any rate, they're done! I doubt I'll ever become the kind of mom who is awesome at crafts, and I think we'll all just have to be okay with that. I know I am!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment: