Tuesday, July 30, 2013

spam for academics

I just received an unsolicited email from Prezi, the online presentation tool. The subject line blares:

K., are you still brainstorming on paper... offline... by yourself?

The answers? Yes...yes...YES! Seems that I truly belong to Prezi's target demographic – the lonely, technologically-averse, and isolated scholar. And yes, I do feel kind of insecure about it. Please, Prezi, show me a link, and I'll click it quick!

5 comments:

  1. ahhhh just reading this makes me want to grab a piece of paper and brainstorm something on it... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're being sarcastic regarding Prezi, so I'll say: I love Prezi! I only used it once, but it was so fun to make compared to Powerpoint and looked much cleaner. I'm not sure how much more efficient Prezi is over Powerpoint, but I definitely advocate a post-Powerpoint era! But what does a SAHM's opinion matter on this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your opinion as a SAHM is definitely valued!! i'm glad we agree – i like prezi, too! maybe i'll start using it for my lectures next term?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, go for it! If you make one/some Prezis, I'd like to see a sample. :)

      Delete