It's been a busy week: I flew to New York City for several days to put in face time, attend meetings, and keep up with various issues at work. Dave and I had finally settled into a bit of a married-life routine, and I was reluctant to leave, even temporarily. It was a bit of a shock to plunge back into the hurly-burly, but the stress was balanced with the pleasure of staying with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece while I was in town. I spent a lot of time on the Long Island Railroad, which is surprisingly expensive! But it was definitely worth it. I've struggled a lot with feeling that I made the "wrong choice" when I committed to my current job, and the grass seems so vivid on the other side! So it's good to be reminded that one of the reasons why I took the job was that it would bring us closer to both of our families. Here are a few family time highlights:
Baby's First Hamburger
(it didn't last long)
Playing with doting Auntie K.
Balloon Animal Success!
LITTLE GIRL TIGHTS! Ahhhhh!
ReplyDeletethose tights in the bottom picture were a gift from me – on your recommendation!! =)
DeleteOH YEAH!
Delete*pats self on back* ;)
awww! she loves the balloon animal so much!! is it a doggy?
ReplyDeletegood guess! it is indeed a doggy, though apparently all of my balloon animals look like dogs...
DeleteHaha. Mouse? If you stayed longer we could have showed Florette your balloon animal mouse next to a real mouse - the dead one outside our front door (thankfully in the patch of weeds) that the neighborhood stray cat ate and leftover-ed. :-/ I've chosen to ignore it so Florette hasn't noticed it yet...
Deleteahh, leftover dead mouse!! well, maybe it's time for florette to start learning about the circle of life?
DeleteSeeing "leftover" verb-ed is so amusing! Love it!
Delete