
The lovely couple
Matt and I were in the same graduate program in Michigan, so the wedding served as a reunion for many of our friends. Most of us pictured below have moved on from Ann Arbor and academia in general:

It was the first wedding that Dave and I attended since our own. We have a new appreciation for all the details of the event, and could really rejoice in how beautifully everything came off! The couple had both a Hindu ceremony (which we missed) and a Jewish ceremony, and I was especially touched by their devotion to each other through multiple stages of life (they’ve already been together 11 years!).
The trip to Austin also provided the opportunity to spend time getting to know more of Dave’s family and friends. Dave’s uncle and cousin drove down from Dallas (3+ hours!) just to have dinner with us and another cousin who recently moved to Austin.

Great Chinese food at Asia Cafe, accompanied by godawful service
We stayed with Dave’s best friend from graduate school, Kim, and her husband and four-year-old daughter for the weekend. We had so much fun playing with little Phoebe, and I really enjoyed getting more of a glimpse of Dave’s “past” as a grad student! I also fell in love with their cat and am now begging Dave to get me a cat. Too bad he’s allergic.
We checked out the bar scene on East 6th Street, ate too much barbecue, explored the shops on South Congress, and tasted the best tamales I’ve ever had. A few snapshots of our Austin adventures:

The State Capitol

Upscale Barbecue
Gas Station Barbecue with Kim and Jeremy

The LBJ Presidential Library (note Creepy Animatronic LBJ)

Hats and Boots

A Happy Pair
another Hsu adventure! looks like fun, and you two are adorable as always! <3
ReplyDeletethe hat and boots suit you! :) awww NEWLYWEDS!
ReplyDeletebtw how do you do that collage-y thing, what program are you using? i have it on my phone not computer
The boots I'm wearing in that picture are actually my own! =)
DeleteTo make collages, I've been using Picasa. Free download! There are other popular free programs, but I just wanted something fairly simple and clean-looking, and this fit the bill.
I've found more delectable food at gas station restaurants than I'd like to admit. Looks like a good one there ;) - and like a great time in general!
ReplyDelete1. i love presidential libraries. really wanted to visit lbj's but was never there not on a weekend!
ReplyDelete2. the first wedding after your own is SO GREAT! because you can just relax! you don't have to worry about peonies opening or anything!
3. the classics people really are a dedicated wedding crew! really lovely of them! i recognize quite a few faces from your wedding!