I was in Chicago this past weekend for my national professional association's annual conference. Ah, Chicago in January! It was as unpleasant as it sounds. I drove my car with friends from Ann Arbor, through the remnants of a major snowstorm to arrive at the conference, and returned to Michigan yesterday through another winter storm. My trusty and swift steed, a 1999 Toyota Camry, aka "Sandblaster," was utterly reliable throughout it all, though. In gratitude, I have composed a song of victory in its honor, sung to the tune of "Sixteen, Going on Seventeen":
You are fourteen, going on fifteen,
Your frame begins to rust.
You need new tires,
You might catch on fire,
Your color is tan, beige, dust...
You are fourteen, going on fifteen,
Despite the blizzard-like snow
You were a smooth ride,
Not once did you slide,
Though visibility was so low!
I will spare the internet world further evidence of my poetic genius. Here it is this morning, appropriately blanketed with an evening's worth of snow:
You crushed it, Sandblaster!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it: Sound of Music, car, snowstorms, Sandblaster... generates a vision of transformer + hills alive with music + car commercial. So glad it didn't leave you on the side of a road. Well-deserved victory song :)
ReplyDeleteum i love it. also - am happy that the sandblaster's steering wheel did not begin to violently shake or anything of that nature!!
ReplyDeleteroad triiiiip! yeahhh!
ReplyDelete