Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Big hug

A. recently picked up the concept of "BIG HUG," in which she wraps you and anyone within reach in a tight squeeze. I love it!

How many babies are in this photo?

One delightful thing about A. at this age is how clearly she reflects back the affection and attention she receives. She's pretty easy-going, not yet defiant and willful. When I invest in my relationship with her, I see the rewards immediately. She grins upon my arrival home after work, runs down the hall to give me a big hug, and tugs at my hand, indicating that I should come play with her. It's such a refreshing shift from my work life, in which I plug away at long-term projects that constantly threaten to run off the rails. I'm glad that while I'm in New York, I can be both Director and Auntie!

3 comments:

  1. well THIS is the definition of "precious"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah I was just going to write precious and Sarah beat me to it ;) SO CUTE!!!!! I'm melting over here from all the adorableness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember babysitting in school and being surprised at how, every week, the little girl could shake me out of the rat race fog I was in the entire rest of the week. A few hours with a loving, lively person who doesn't care about appearances, performance, worries, and money was so refreshing. Lucky you get to have such sweet times (+big hugs) with your niece and nephew so regularly! :)

    ReplyDelete