Wednesday, December 3, 2014

'tis the season

There are lots of fun Christmas traditions in New York, but this year, for the first time, I got to participate in one – the lighting of the tree in Bryant Park! My chorus was hired to provide festive music before and during the program.

Here I am in my Bank of America-branded hat, with our precious corporate scarves:



We caroled in small groups around the park, welcoming visitors for the ceremony. It was just my luck to be stationed right by the Wafels and Dinges stand – smelled so good, but must. keep. singing.


Although it was drizzling, a large crowd turned out for the event. There were famous people on the program – Evan Lysacek (Olympic gold medalist) skated, Ingrid Michaelson performed a set of songs, and I even learned about a new sport, synchronized skating! Here is the US national champion synchronized skating team warming up:


The best part was that I got to lead a carol sing-along from the stage with about a dozen other folks from the chorus. I've often sat in Bryant Park and enjoyed the on-stage entertainment; I used to eat lunch there regularly when I worked at 42nd and Madison. So it was very exciting to be up there myself! Eventually an ice-skating Santa showed up, the tree was lit, and the whole chorus burst into Joy to the World.

Waiting off stage



Merry Christmas season!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Great way to get into the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you are looking so gorgeous here! love the earrings! cutie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!! so festive!
    can't wait to see you in a few days!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many thoughts. Such a cool NYC experience! You can sing while eating a waffle. What did the sing-along sound like? Did you tell Ingrid I said hi?!?

    ReplyDelete