Tuesday, August 20, 2013

East Coast Arrival

Dave and I drove to Brooklyn last week, and I'm starting to get settled in. A dear friend from college is allowing me to sublet from her during the next several weeks. While Dave was still in town, we spent time with our families, a big reason for looking forward to moving to New York. We spent a night with his parents, and then headed down to see my family in Pennsylvania.

It was a very West Chester weekend! This necessarily entails tons of good eating (thanks to my mom and her garden):


Lobster Cobb salad! Homegrown beans! Fresh popovers! Steak!

Our visit to WC coincided with the presence of my favorite niece, the Florette. She has become so outgoing and smiley and fun! She also knows how to water the plants:


Although an expert gardener, she is still learning to share.


 "Will you please share a raspberry with Auntie K?" "Hmmmm..."


"Nah, I think I prefer not to!"

The time to leave the countryside came all too quickly, and now I'm back in the city, and off to work!

5 comments:

  1. A successful photo collage of the Florette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's an expert in sharing once she's had her fill... That's how she shares so often with Daddy. But let's de-emphasize this with the fact that your name is among the few words she is able and willing to pronounce and that she knows it's your name (80% sure)! :)

    ReplyDelete