Wednesday, August 28, 2013

study in contrasts

I'm still getting used to my new academic home. Something that continues to surprise me every day is the contrast between the area just outside of campus and the campus itself. Here's what you see when you step off the subway, just two blocks from the campus gate:

 It's a little...scruffy.

Step inside, though:

The campus isn't large, but they've certainly given it that "collegiate" feel.

 This is the "lily pond," which is overlooked by a large windowed reading room in the library. Guess where you would find me, if I were still an undergrad!
 

4 comments:

  1. such a quirky contrast!! so glad you shared this slice of life, it's totally not what I would have pictured... the lily pond is so peaceful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to get a glimpse of your school-- and I agree with Katie; this is not at all what I had pictured! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had no idea! that's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! ;) Look forward to visiting!

    ReplyDelete