Friday, September 13, 2013

d.c. time

It's been a tough week. I've been meaning to post pictures from my lovely weekend in the D.C. area last weekend! So here we go. I needed to get out of New York and take advantage of the convenience of the East Coast. So I hopped on a bus, and spent Friday with my relatives in MD/VA:


In a time of such great change and uncertainty, there's nothing better than spending time with the people who have loved you, love you now, and will always have to love you! Especially if you're doing the Seven Minute Workout together!

On Saturday, Julie and S. and I visited the Alexandria Art Festival, walked around the Eastern Market area, talked and talked, and ate mussels, fries, beer! Let's not forget a memorable round of miniature golf.


I finally got to see Julie's apartment (I'd never visited her at her previous two places), and we enjoyed a relaxing Sunday morning. Alas, my calm and relaxed mood was disrupted during my return journey via Megabus. The bus broke down on the highway, and then limped into a nearby rest stop. This was an unwelcome sight:


After an hour and a half wait, a working bus showed up, and we eventually made it to New York. At least I didn't have a connection to make or plans waiting me at my destination! A word to the wise: Megabus, NEVER AGAIN. However: another visit to D.C., YES PLEASE.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you smiling again with friends and family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mussels, fries, beer and ice cream!! yummmm :D and mini golf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had to lean forward to be in the picture! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the "Visit to DC - Yes please!" :) Looking forward to similar fun weekends when we get to see you in NYC!

    ReplyDelete