Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pressure Cooker Palooza 2014

Today is Mother's Day, and for the first time, Dave and I spent it with each of our mothers. Hurray for returning closer to home! We took Dave's parents out to lunch in NJ; it was a beautiful day, and we ate our first meal of the season outdoors. But before we went to lunch, Dave played most of the Moonlight Sonata for his mom. She was surprised and delighted.



In the afternoon, back on L.I., Stephen and I prepared a Mother's Day meal for my mother and Grace. We usually pick a "theme ingredient" (Iron Chef-style) that unites all of the courses. This year, we upped the ante: we'd have a theme ingredient (orange) AND a theme technique (pressure cooker)! It was Pressure Cooker Palooza 2014!

 It's a three pressure cooker kind of meal!

 Chickpea and Artichoke Tagine

Bacon-braised Brussel Sprouts, Pomegranate-Orange Short Ribs, Mashed Sweet Potato

Red-wine Poached Pears with Marscapone

And here's one happy grandma, in matching aprons with her granddaughter:





3 comments:

  1. what an epic mother's day!! so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the lu's & hsu's!!!! what FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. If it were my family, we would have at least 1 casualty in there (a sad final product, an exploded pressure pot... :P), all likely caused by me. You all are so talented. That's lovely, and I love the matching aprons!

    ReplyDelete