I'm teaching a mythology class this semester, and I've been loving it. I get to read and talk about amazing literature that students can really relate to – what's not to like? Apparently, I'm not the only one enjoying the experience. I was grading a stack of pop quizzes today, and I turned over the page to find this:
One of my students had drawn a labyrinth for me, complete with a smiling Theseus holding Ariadne's thread and a horned Minotaur lurking within. The red pen is mine, solving the puzzle. I can't really imagine doing this for any of my professors in undergrad, but then again, I don't think I ever had a professor as young as me!
Monday, May 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome! Did the student also do well on the quiz, or was that instead of the answer? I have a friend who teaches high school, and she has found some hilarious/brilliant work by students done... instead of other work.
ReplyDeleteI (unsurprisingly) never find fun things like that on the backs of papers at my work :(
This is a student who always gets a perfect score on the quiz, and he finishes way before everyone else, so this is what he does to fill up the time!
Deletei LOVE it!!!!! what FUN!!!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAAAHA ahhh i love this!! so cute :) modern reception :)
ReplyDeletei so wish i were taking your mythology class!!
ReplyDelete"I can't really imagine doing this for any of my professors in undergrad" --- yes, and i can't really imagine any of your professors getting a red pen and solving the puzzle either ;)
i almost forgot that i used to draw pictures on the back of my math tests in 9th grade... mr. tell would write 1-2 words out of politeness, usually "OK Julie"
Hahaha, "OK Julie"! Love it! I used to have a Darth Vader stamp and an R2D2 stamp that I would stamp at the end of my papers for AP European History. I think my teacher just ignored them.
Delete